It's no surprise that COVID-19 continues to impact recruitment and employment. But there has never been a better time to hire...
At Flat Fee Recruiter, we are speaking to increasing numbers of customers who are taking advantage of this time to reassess their business, process, resource, hiring strategies, and funding with the focus on growth and efficiencies.
If you can recruit or looking to hire, then the recruitment market has never been so good. Candidate numbers are up, skilled staff are disgruntled, competition for getting your vacancies seen are at an all-time low and suppliers are keen to help and negotiate deals. Including Flat Fee Recruiter! We have put together a unique COVID Recruitment Support Package that enables you to advertise across ALL the best job boards and only concern yourself with the shortlisted candidates.
As many organisations are getting on the hiring bandwagon and kickstarting their return to work or growth strategies, we urge you not to miss out. You can access more info about the Government's Plan for Jobs 2020 which has the latest incentives from the Summer Statement 2020
To also help you keep abreast of the changes, we will update this page with the latest highlights from several reliable sources when the information is available. We hope that this will help you make the best decisions on when and how you take advantage of this unique hiring market. Here are the key highlights:
1. KPMG and REC, UK report on jobs (Reporting on October / Updated 16th November 2020)
• In October, Recruitment Trends shows a renewed fall in permanent placements, however, there was a sharper increase in temporary billings.
• Availability of both permanent and temporary staff continued to increase at historically marked rates despite there being reports of redundancies as well as concerns around job security.
• Permanent starter salaries and temporary wages have fallen, with the rates of decline quickening from September.
2. Office of National Statistics:
• Latest data from ONS shows that for May to July 2020, there were an estimated 370,000 vacancies in the UK, which is 10% higher than the record low in April to June 2020.
• The ONS are currently working on improving the best and most timely estimates that COVID 19 has had on the labour market and are now working with HMRC to produce estimates of employees being paid through PAYE scheme. You can read more about how they are using datasets to give us up to date information here.
3. REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation)
• A record of 1.36 million job vacancies were active in the United Kingdom in the beginning of November, this is the first time that figure has been this high since the second week of March.
• While six regions still have fewer job postings then in March, in October, six of the 12 nations and major regions of the UK had recorded higher numbers of active job adverts than in March.
• The leaders of this growth were North-west England (+36.8%), Wales (+33.4%) and Northern Ireland (+22.1%).
4. Flat Fee Recruiter Surveys:
• October - November 2020 average application rate shows a steady increase by 5.75%
• In October there was a 442% increase in the health & medicine sector jobs being posted on Reed. There has also been huge increases in social care, IT and qualified accountancy all growing by more than 30%.
• September through to November saw the impact of COVID-19 is influencing negatively for survey respondents searching for work and also the employment they already have
Things to bear in mind…
The working world we knew before COVID-19 has certainly changed and will continue to develop as the economy recovers. Technology, homeworking, and recruitment processes are just a few of the new and more efficient elements HR Managers and Business Owners are currently reviewing.
Speaking of recruitment processes now is an excellent time to review your budgets and strategy. Flat Fee Recruiter, is experiencing a rise in new customers who no longer want to use recruitment agencies. This is hardly surprising, especially as the demand for talent is at an all-time low and candidate numbers are high, why would you want to spend thousands of pounds on recruitment agency fees when you can get the same results with online job advertising yourself?
Please give us a call on 0113 322 7243 to discuss a solution that enables you to attract the widest reach of candidates to your company via all the main online job sources, and supports all your admin, screening and shortlisting of the best candidates, for a one-off, very low flat fee.
Be savvy and forget the agencies!
Last updated 16th November 2020
You may also be interested in:
- COVID Recruitment Support Package
- Your Recruitment Options amid COVID
- Protecting your Employer Brand throughout COVID