Happy New Year and welcome back to work. With a billion and one things on your mind to get back into the swing of things, we know you’re busy and your mind might not necessarily be on how you can motivate your employees in 2016. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of national days you can use in the office to motivate your staff.
- 29th January 2016 – International Fun at Work Day
- 9th February 2016 – Pancake Day
- 13th February 2016 – Employee Legal Awareness Day
- 14th February 2016 – Valentine’s Day
- 4th March 2016 – Employee Appreciation Day
- 19th March 2016 – Client’s Day
- 27th 28th March 2016 – Easter
- 1st April 2016 - Walk to Work Day
- 1st May 2016 – Executive Coaching Day
- 20th May 2016 – Bike to Work Day
- 2nd June 2016 – Leave the Office Early Day
- 24th June 2016 – Take your Dog to Work Day
- 9th September 2016 – Hug Your Boss Day
- 4th October 2016 – Improve Your Office Day
- 10th October 2016 – World Mental Health Day
- 17th October 2016 – Boss’ Day
- 31st October 2016 – Halloween
- 2nd November 2016 – Stress Awareness Day
- 5th November 2016 – Bonfire Night
- 25th December 2-16 – Christmas Day
- 31st December 2016 – New Year’s Eve
Whether you celebrate just one or all of these days, it can really improve your office morale and motivation. You don’t need to go all out with activities or use up a lot of resources – for example, for Employee Appreciation Day on 4th March you could just send out a simple email to your employees thanking them for all their hard work in the first quarter. A simple pat on the pack does wonders for someone’s confidence and when your employees take pride in their work the quality of it increases.
It is well known that a happy and an appreciated workforce is a productive one and acknowledgement of these days can really contribute to enhancing the productivity levels in your organisation. Some of the days might also be beneficial as a means to break the routine (like Bike to Work) and some are great opportunities to offer support to your staff (like Stress Awareness Day).
Let us know how you plan on motivating your employees this year (or what you did last year) – we’d love to hear about it.
If you liked this blog, we think you might also like: